Re: Pizza Example

From: Dawn M. Wolthuis <>
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2004 09:48:13 -0500

"Laconic2" <> wrote in message
> Now we're getting somewhere. I have no idea what a theorist would do, but
> perspicacious analyst would hesitate to generalize data requirements from
> single example.

Of course, of course, but using a Pizza example is a way to provide a problem domain of which most of us are somewhat comfortable. A complete set of requirements would be inappropriate for this forum unless they can be indicated with a statement like "provide a data model for ordered items in an order entry system for a small pizza shop".

> If another of the orderable items were Neapolitan Ice Cream, rather than
> Garlic Bread, then the list of toppings might be quite diffferent. And
> on.

And if you concept of a pizza place includes selling Neapolitan Ice Cream with toppings, then I'm sure I can learn something from the way you would model that too. So, I can accept some human interpretation of the situation in order to keep the requirements statement short.

cheers! --dawn Received on Sun Apr 04 2004 - 16:48:13 CEST

Original text of this message