Re: Object Class and Data Type

From: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne_at_acm.org>
Date: 29 Mar 2004 16:52:47 GMT

Centuries ago, Nostradamus foresaw when "Laconic2" <laconic2_at_comcast.net> would write:
> Over in the OTLT thread, I saw where someone used the name "CLASS" to
> describe the code_type. It seems to me that many people use "class" and
> "type" as though they were synonyms. It seems to me that they are not.
>
> Any thoughts?

In most "object systems," a class _is_ a sort of type. (Notable exceptions being the classless descendents of Self...)

Thus, if someone is actually thinking about the way their favorite language works, they might readily mistake the two things...

--
(reverse (concatenate 'string "gro.gultn" "_at_" "enworbbc"))
http://www3.sympatico.ca/cbbrowne/unix.html