Re: object algebra

From: Eric Kaun <ekaun_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 19:50:25 GMT

"Neo" <neo55592_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:4b45d3ad.0403031741.3f20fa0e_at_posting.google.com...
> > No. You're free to define the domain and its operations as you wish.
>
> One should define things according to reality otherwise one can get
> results that are correct within the system but meaningless or
> incorrect in reference to reality.

Defining things according to reality isn't always productive even in science. Many discoveries (e.g. black holes) are purely the result of mathematics. In software development, we have to add order to things, and even create order where none is obvious. Reality is far too complex for us to model it exactly, and we need to ensure that our systems are consistent, which means devising predicates that (we hope!) mirror reality. Received on Thu Mar 04 2004 - 20:50:25 CET

Original text of this message