Re: Can these constraint be implemented in an RDBMS ?

From: Dawn M. Wolthuis <dwolt_at_tincat-group.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 12:53:06 -0600

> > It is a bit sad that the relational model is practically on its last leg
> > before it even has an implementation, eh? Or maybe that's the reason
... ?
> > [Just thought I'd show my true colors in case anyone has not realized
that
> > there are some database theorists that are not relational zealots -- I
among
> > them] smiles. --dawn
>
> Is it? What is the great new replacement then - Pick?

Going forward from Pick implementations (Pick is not the end-all, to be sure) rather than from RDBMS's is more likely to get us to the next leap in productivity and quality of software applications, in general (there are some applications that would be better served starting with an RDBMS, I suspect).

--dawn Received on Wed Mar 03 2004 - 19:53:06 CET

Original text of this message