Re: Can these constraint be implemented in an RDBMS ?

From: Dawn M. Wolthuis <dwolt_at_tincat-group.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 12:50:10 -0600

"Roy Hann" <rhann_at_globalnet.co.uk> wrote in message news:c249fj$fjv$1_at_titan.btinternet.com...
> "Dawn M. Wolthuis" <dwolt_at_tincat-group.com> wrote in message
> > It is a bit sad that the relational model is practically on its last leg
> > before it even has an implementation, eh? Or maybe that's the reason
> ?
> > [Just thought I'd show my true colors in case anyone has not realized
that
> > there are some database theorists that are not relational zealots -- I
> among
> > them] smiles. --dawn
>
> Only relational zealots are database theorists. All the others, including
> you, indulge in conjecture. Conjecture <> Theory.
>
> Roy Hann

Show me a scientist who does not indulge in conjecture! Surely you have an appreciation for hypotheses that have not yet been proven, right? Afterall, what is a theory? I looked it up and here is one of the defintions found at dictionary.com

Theory, def: "An assumption based on limited information or knowledge; a conjecture"

Of course, we don't want only untested theories. smiles. --dawn Received on Wed Mar 03 2004 - 19:50:10 CET

Original text of this message