Re: object algebra

From: Neo <neo55592_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 26 Feb 2004 17:07:55 -0800

> Exactly what problem are you trying to solve? I get the
> silly idea that a set of relations THING, INSTANCE, and RELATIONSHIP with
> some fairly generic attributes would do the trick.

Yes, your idea of resorting to generic modelling is correct. By using a few generic tables it is possible, but soon becomes impractical. For some problems (not very common), you would ultimately have to resort to just one two-columned table. RDM's methods and related tools don't work very well with just a single two-columned table. The fact that no on has presented an equivalent to the simple problem (Ex076) using RDM may be an indicator of how impractical it is. Received on Fri Feb 27 2004 - 02:07:55 CET

Original text of this message