Re: red blue car example

From: Dawn M. Wolthuis <dwolt_at_tincat-group.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 15:29:37 -0600

"Dataman" <dataman_at_ev1.net> wrote in message news:103sogu6629r694_at_corp.supernews.com...

> "Dawn M. Wolthuis" <dwolt_at_tincat-group.com> wrote:
> >I'm tired of looking for this (mythical?) red blue car example, although
> >found a lot of references to it. If someone has a URL or could restate
> what
> >the red blue car example is and what it proves or disproves, I would be
> most
> >appreciative. I was doing my searches on google's group site, sticking
> >comp.databases.theory. Sorry if I just missed it and shouldn't have.
> >
> >I did read some interesting points that I missed during the Oct round of
> >discussions, although I was part of those (but busy too). In particular,
> it
> >was amusing to see that BB put Chandru Murthri on his "twit list".
Chandru
> >has written databases and is a very bright man -- a legend in the Pick
> >world, having worked with Dick Pick from almost the beginning (starting
> in
> >69 or 70). He could likely be credited as one of the original authors of
> >implementation of the mutivalued query language IIRC. If Chandru and I
> made
> >the same list, I'm honored to be there. smiles. --dawn
> >
> >"Steve Lancour" <stevel_at_lancour.com> wrote in message
> some
> >it is
> >> >

> >> Dawn,
> >>
> >> In October and November there were several threads, some cross-posted
> >> comp.databases.pick and comp.databases.theory and others only in CDP.
> >> Do a Google search for "Foundations of Relational Theory" or "Dreaming
> >> about redesigning SQL" - these were the two main threads. Google CDP
> >> for Bob's last name to find the smaller offshoot threads. Have fun.
> >>
> >> Steve Lancour
> >>

> Then why bother arguing with brother bob? you'll never win him over even
> if you walk in with a nobel peace prize.

Ah, but I'm not trying to win him over -- I'm trying to learn. He has attacked me often and given me any meat to actually learn anything from rarely. It sounded like there actually might be some meat here and I didn't want to miss a meal if there really was one to be had. Cheers! --dawn Received on Thu Feb 26 2004 - 22:29:37 CET

Original text of this message