Hospital ERD

From: Portroe <fb_at_oooi.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 23:48:56 +0100

Hi all,

I am constructing an ERD for a complicated hospital project at present. Many components are straight forward , ie. Patient, Ward, Medication etc. However what I am finding difficult to cope with is how to fit the vast and varied staff of a hospital into an ERD,

the options are have one table for Staff,(keeping things simple)

or

give each Type of staff member its own table, (making for a busy diagram)

Has anybody got pros and cons of doing it either way,

thanks

Portroe Received on Tue Feb 03 2004 - 23:48:56 CET

Original text of this message