Re: baseball league db design

From: Nelson Ricardo <nelson_at_nelsonricardo.com>
Date: 24 Jan 2004 08:38:20 -0800

"Dataman" <dataman_at_ev1.net> wrote in message news:
> Most little league databases don't care about team, position, and number.
> From a management perspective, these attributes are irrelevant to running
> the league. You do have different types of Participants however. And these
> participants have different attributes based on their Role. In these cases,
> a super/sub type data structure is applicable.

What makes you say this? How many leagues have you been involved with? If it's fewer that 50% of those in existence, do you have studies or other evidence which support what yopu said about "[m]ost"?  Perhaps this league has made a conscious decision to include that data in its database. To me, it makes sense to include this data. Received on Sat Jan 24 2004 - 17:38:20 CET

Original text of this message