Re: Interested in a moderated theory forum?

From: Marshall Spight <mspight_at_dnai.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 03:42:37 GMT

"Paul G. Brown" <paul_geoffrey_brown_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:57da7b56.0401191901.370e0d37_at_posting.google.com...

> Look, if folk want to create a moderated forum to discuss database theory
> no one is going to stand in their way. I'm just saying that moderation (in
> the e-list context) brings its own problems; you lose your more colorful
> characters, and legitimate challenges to orthodoxy can be marginalized.

To my way of thinking, "colorful" is no asset, if it's just a code-word for "rude."

And I certainly haven't seen any evidence of legitimate challenges to orthodoxy being anything *other than* marginalized, here in this unmoderated group.

Marshall Received on Tue Jan 20 2004 - 04:42:37 CET

Original text of this message