Re: TransRelational

From: Joe \ <joe_at_bftsi0.UUCP>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 20:51:07 -0800

"Christopher Browne" <cbbrowne_at_acm.org> wrote in message <news:bq6hcp$1v1chg$1_at_ID-125932.news.uni-berlin.de>...

> Clinging to sanity, hungrylion2002_at_yahoo.ca (HungryLion) mumbled into her beard:
> > TransRelational must be like Sibelius Symphony No. 8: A Platonic
> > masterpiece!
> >
> > http://www.dbdebunk.com/page/page/806810.htm
> >
> > "Regarding the TransRelational™ Model, DK and am not very hopeful in
> > the near future. After all, it's the right thing, so why should you
> > expect it'll fly? And what makes you think it will be appreciated
> > amidst ignorance?"
>
> Unfortunately, Pascal's essay doesn't really get past throwing muck at
> whomever comes bearing news about Prevayler.
>
> If he's going to ridicule it in public, it does NOT suffice to write
> "A few readers sent me URLs I recall skimming thru them and decided
> they were a waste of time, too much crap to bother with. I still have
> the URLs but don't have time to dig into old mail to locate them"
>
> If he hasn't the time to give a more comprehensive commentary, then he
> should probably go with his earlier thoughts:
>
> "Those things come out of the woodwork in tons and there is neither
> time, nor any point to bother. One must be very selective in
> responding."
>
> If he's not prepared to respond with some attempt at respect, and give
> a comprehensive answer, then it would seem wiser to be a bit more
> selective, and perhaps not respond at all.

Not to worry, even Prevayler's fans admit that you shouldn't "throw out your database" if you're actually using it for its intended purpose, not just as random storage or a "log" file:

 URL:http://wayner.org/books/rambo/faq.php

--
Joe Foster <mailto:jlfoster%40znet.com>  "Regged" again? <http://www.xenu.net/>
WARNING: I cannot be held responsible for the above        They're   coming  to