Re: Is relational theory incomplete?

From: Tom Hester <tom_at_metadata.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 11:29:59 -0800

Yes, I am very familiar with the catalogs. Compared to other, more semantically rich data models, the catalogs represent a very sparse amount of metadata. There is for example little or no information on domains and how these domains inter-relate.

You apparently misread my original reply. I infact said that Gödel did not invalidate the relational model.

You identify intension with conceptual. That is a great leap and one that many analytical philosophers would not agree with. See Montague for example, who proposes that it concepts are extensions.