Re: Semantic Data Dissonance

From: Mikito Harakiri <mikharakiri_at_iahu.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 11:05:28 -0800

"researcher" <a_thesis_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:31acb67d.0311101031.3ce24152_at_posting.google.com...
> I am currently pursing research in databases on a subject called data
> dissonance. Typically data dissonance is of two types: Semantic and
> Structural. Example of Semantic dissonance could be one application
> may define an employee as current employees only whereas another
> application define an employee as current or former employees. Example
> of Structural dissonance could be one application's employee could be
> another application's serf. I have searched a lot and haven't found
> any white papers or articles that talk about this problem in detail.

What if one application contains employee record for "John Doe" while the other doesn't, is it semantic or structural dissonance?

This might be too general, but I don't have any better references: http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/stonebraker01content.html Received on Mon Nov 10 2003 - 20:05:28 CET

Original text of this message