Re: dbms/rdbms software & its environment

From: Ruud de Koter <ruud_dekoter_at_hp.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2003 10:09:20 GMT

Hi Farmer (which I will call you, as you seem to sign by that name),

You seem to feel a need to add some add hominem (rather misplaced):

> What do you do for aliving Ruud?
> Are you a brickie's laborer?

I might be. The important part is that I am trying to share some things with you that I owe to a Uunivesity education. These are:

I am trying to give you a break: that 's why I respond. As you should be aware of you are (also) posting at comp.databases.theory, and what I am writing is theory. It may not be the piece of theory you want or expect, but it is theory. In fact I am trying to show you that organizational intelligence (or whatever term you prefer) is a field that is not related to computer science. The only thing computers help at, is modeling organizational intelligence. But that can be done in one's mind, on paper, on clay tablets, whatever. To the best of my judgment, you are confusing the medium for the content. Don't want to hear this? Then don't post.

One final remark: stop this silly anonymous posting. It raises the suspicion that there is a reason why you don't post under your own name.

Regards,

Ruud.