Re: dbms/rdbms software & its environment

From: mountain man <hobbit_at_southern_seaweed.com.op>
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2003 01:35:33 GMT

What do you do for aliving Ruud?
Are you a brickie's laborer?

Mate, the entire evolution of computing may validly be resolved as an evolution in the ability to store a dynamic measure of organisational intelligence within the computing system.

A less general term than OI is "business rules". These are elements of organisational intelligence for a business organisation. Surely you can see that business rules can be encoded to a computer.

You will find evidence of Organisational Intelligence everywhere you look .... In the data such as contraints, etc and in the application source code.

Gimme a break dude.

Philosophically I'd agree with the statement that the world does not start and end with computers ---- there is more to the world. But this isn't the alt.philosophy.computer.OI newgroup.

Have a good weekend.

"Ruud de Koter" <ruud_dekoter_at_hp.com> wrote in message news:3FA23FCA.13665956_at_hp.com...
> Hi Farmer,
>
> This will not be a long and detailed reply to your remarks. I 'll just
state
> that you seem to miss the difference between computer systems and the rest
of
> the world as it exists out there. The fundamental problem you seem to
encounter
> is an unability to grasp that a computer system (and a database as well)
can