Re: UML class diagram -> SQL-DBMS tables

From: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne_at_acm.org>
Date: 9 Oct 2003 12:56:43 GMT

After takin a swig o' Arrakan spice grog, karl wettin <wettin_at_users.sourceforge.net> belched out...:
> I'd like to hear your opinions on my way of representing an UML class
> diagram as SQL-DBMS tables.

There are some scripts available to transform Dia "UML class diagrams" back and forth to/from SQL schemas.

There are numerous links to relevant tools here:   <http://www.lysator.liu.se/~alla/dia/links.html>

I'm not sure that it's an evidence of there being a perfect mapping between "all of SQL" and "all of UML class diagrams;" instead, it seems to be that you can kludge each one enough to be a _reasonable_ expression of the other...

--
output = ("aa454" "_at_" "freenet.carleton.ca")
http://cbbrowne.com/info/rdbms.html