Re: er-diagram

From: helango <member38384_at_dbforums.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2003 05:40:14 -0400

hi,

      i am checking up ur ER diagram in the car maintainence. u have
      given that there is an attachment and there is nothing. so can i
      see the attachment from somewhere else or can i receive a mail
      from u. if possibe ER model for also the car rental one.

Hope to get a reply from u soon.

cheers,

Elangovan Hariharan.

Originally posted by Chris

> Hi, I've got the following er-diagram, entities and attributes (see
> attachment)

> according to the following interview it is a car company: Is my work
> correct?

> Thanks for your help

> Chris "Cars are uniquely identified by their registration number.
> Other data

> of interest concerning our cars includes: year of manufacture,

> manufacturer and model, kilometres travelled, date last
> serviced (so we

> can tell when a car is due to be serviced) and comments on the

> condition of the car. Additionally, each car is classified into one

> particular type. The types of car we have are listed below:

> small manual

> small automatic

> medium manual

> medium automatic

> large manual

> large automatic

> commercial vehicle

> We work with different service centres. Each service centre has the

> capacity to service any of our cars. Service centres are
> identified by a

> unique number. We also require details about the service centre such

> as: name, address, telephone and contact person. We personally

> choose a particular service centre at a given time based on a
> number of

> factors which are not required to be stored in the system. When a

> service centre is chosen, a booking is made with that centre. The

> information we require about these bookings includes: car registration

> number, service centre number, date in, date out, service details,

> amount due and amount paid. So that I check if a car is available to

> be serviced, I need to be able to view the following data about client

> rental bookings for cars - car registration number, client
> number, date

out and date due."