Re: Items in this newsgroup

From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_golden.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 16:44:38 -0400

"Mikito Harakiri" <mikharakiri_at_ywho.com> wrote in message news:kLJ5b.11$FM5.132_at_news.oracle.com...

> "Niels Muller Larsen" <nml_at_acm.org> wrote in message
> > have a distinct tendency to depart (by miles) the original subject
> > line. Wouldn't it be a great idea to initialize new threads when the
> > subject has changed.
> >
> > That's why the founding fathers invented the subject line, I beleive.
> >
> > If you read the group only once every two or threee days you're lost
> > when reading "Plural or singular table names" or "does a table always
> > need a PK".
>
> Very true. I, for example, am not reading threads like "Plural or singular
> table names" even though the discussion maybe steered into something
worthy.

I almost never look at the subject line. It's a character defect, and as surprising as it might seem to some people, it's not my only one. I know, I know--I don't want to shatter anyone's illusions of me, but it's true.

Unfortunately, correcting this defect is not high on my priorities list. But on the bright side, if someone I am exchanging messages with changes the subject, I am likely to go with the flow. Received on Thu Sep 04 2003 - 22:44:38 CEST

Original text of this message