Re: Dynamic schema. Urgent question!

From: alex <alessandro.toaiari_at_address.it>
Date: 25 Aug 2003 00:49:53 -0700

Ok, im completaly agree with you but the tecnician say the dynamic solution is compliant with all Codd rules.

Now i have two question:

  1. Anyone knows what say Codd about dynamic DB schema variable in the time? (I suppose the tecnician have no doubt that same Codd'r rule approves the dynamic schema)
  2. this is my curiosity on a question really theoric. The 12 Codd's Rules are applicable to DB design or to RDBMS implementation? Or the two things togheter? I think that the rules ( i.e. like numer 5 or 7) are more inherent to RDBMS and not DB schema on the other hand the title of the Codd'a article is :"Is your RDBMS really relational?". Some other rules (like 10) are more aboiguos. So if i have a db structure described with as E\R diagram and implement inside a RDBMS like Oracle and SqlServer is it correct to say :"The db structure is compliant with all the Cood's rules the the RDBMS implements" ?

Pheraps my question is really ingenuous and whithout pratical application but i have a biug doubt on this argument.

PS
Excuse me for my awful english :))

thanks in advance