Dynamic schema. Urgent question!

From: alex <alessandro.toaiari_at_address.it>
Date: 22 Aug 2003 00:00:42 -0700

I have another question.

I need to develop an applicatio to manage a db structure.

A client's tecnician want that the db have a dynamic schema, thats is in the time the user may create and insert new tables whit new columns and the hew table have referenze relationship with the db static side.

I try to propose a db structure that are all static (no new table create in the time) with no information create on the fly but all in rows and fields defined at the db creation. The client's tecnician say that is solution (new table create in every moment, manager application interact with the db catalog to know new table and new columns to manage) are fully compliant with the Codd Rule. I have another idea. I think aren't good thing to have a db structure dynamic and have an application that interact with db catalog to know the db structure
(i think the client's tecnician want use a particular table name standard or simply navigate through the relationship to search new table in the db).

What's your idea?? Received on Fri Aug 22 2003 - 09:00:42 CEST

Original text of this message