Re: Heirarchical Data Structures. MS Access. Together?

From: Jace Harker <jharker_at_marlboro.edu>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 12:40:59 -0400

"Pieter Linden" <pietlinden_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:bf31e41b.0307160138.72e0c728_at_posting.google.com...
> Jace,
>
> Interesting question... as I don't know the answer well enough to give
> you my own, I'll give you a reference to read... Have a look at
> Rebecca Riordan's "subclassing entities" article at
> http://www.mvps.org/access/tables/tbl0013.htm
>
> It should help to get you started. While you can do subclassing with
> a language like C, doing it in VB is a bit tricker, as it's not
> inherent in the language. Rebecca does explain how to do some of it,
> though.

Thanks! That's nifty- I can't quite see how she would continue the subclassing to lower levels, but I've only been looking at it for a couple of minutes. I'll play around with it and see how it works. It certainly appears to be a potential alternative. Many thanks! Received on Wed Jul 16 2003 - 18:40:59 CEST

Original text of this message