dynamic database concept

From: Mr. Br <rogbrasil_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 11 Jul 2003 12:47:08 -0700

Hi. I am c++ developer and beginner in the database modeling, I am using a library in c++ to develop my database.

In fact it is a simple structure, a cadaster of pieces for an engineering program.

The problem is that the cadaster should be dynamic, I mean, users have the possibility to create new fields through the interface, besides those that are already default of the program.

My doubt is, how could I control the creation of those new fields, since, after a new field servant, I have that associate it to the right information inside the program when it opens the files of data again (potency of a lamp for example, should be attributed to the lamp).
An user " X " can open the cadaster of another user "Y ", and they might be of " different versions", then an dynamic integration should take place to synchronize those versions, so that a certain information "A" won't br attributed to the variable "B" of the program and vice-versa.
Have you understood what I meant ?!
Thank for any contribution.
[] `s

Mr.Br. Received on Fri Jul 11 2003 - 21:47:08 CEST

Original text of this message