Re: Data folks

From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_golden.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 16:12:44 -0400

"Pablo Sanchez" <honeypot_at_blueoakdb.com> wrote in message news:Xns93AC5C692EBE4pingottpingottbah_at_130.133.1.4...
> "Bob Badour" <bbadour_at_golden.net> wrote in
>
> > Instead of giving Juan a fish, I taught him to fish. What's your
> > objection to that?
>
> For one, you taught him to fish with a Ford F-250. I entered 'data
> folks' at your suggested URL and got this:
>
> No entry found for data folks.

Well, if you were a little more observant or were actually interested in learning the meaning of a new word, you would see that the dictionary site also suggests two additonal links. Since I am sure Juan would know what 'data' is, I assume he would click on the link to 'folks'.

There he would read things like:

"1. a. The common people of a society or region considered as the representatives of a traditional way of life and especially as the originators or carriers of the customs, beliefs, and arts that make up a distinctive culture."

"2. _Informal._ People in general. Often used in the plural."

"3. People of a specified group or kind."

I showed Juan (and you) the entrance and gave him what he needs to get started. Apparently, you peeked through the entrance from the sidewalk and then walked away in an indignant huff. Anyone so petulantly and so arrogantly demanding deserves their frustration.

> Regardless, newsgroups are what the posters make them. Obviously you
> have a POV of how you'd like it however I don't share your POV.

My POV is it is beneficial to provide people truly helpful suggestions that will help them grow and learn. Apparently, your POV is "Give me exactly what I demand when I demand it or else."

> *** Juan: feel free to ask questions and ignore Bob. He doesn't
> speak for everyone here.

If Juan takes your suggestion and ignores me, Juan will pay the price for your peevish arrogance. Why do you dislike Juan so much that you want to hurt him? What makes you such a mean person?

If you wanted to help and to reassure Juan, you could have told him he is free to ask questions and free to ignore snarky answers like Mikito's. Instead, you suggest he ignore the only truly helpful answer he received. Received on Wed Jul 02 2003 - 15:12:44 CDT