Re: Transactions: good or bad?

From: Todd Bandrowsky <anakin_at_unitedsoftworks.com>
Date: 18 Jun 2003 07:51:03 -0700

> Exactly. That is to say, one must be willing to listen, and to be educated.

And perhaps some of the better theoreticians should teach at universities, rather than leave it to grad students? Maybe having academicians with the morons might help the acamedicians gain an appreciation for the need to be communicative to the masses, just as much as the morons might learn to appreciate the powers of real theory.

In texts, I'm not looking for things being dumbed down, in fact, I prefer the terse style of Date's "Sybase" book to any of the countless "Moron's guide to super powered SQL Server programming". Received on Wed Jun 18 2003 - 16:51:03 CEST

Original text of this message