Re: Transactions: good or bad?

From: Todd Bandrowsky <anakin_at_unitedsoftworks.com>
Date: 11 Jun 2003 20:46:24 -0700

Probably, but, Coke can't sue you for calling a soda a coke, either. Really, the term relational no longer belongs to the theoretical community, it belongs to the marketing community. Continually correcting people only reminds them just how much you've lost control of the word. If it were not about control, then you wouldn't correct people. If I want to use relational to describe a behavior that the common masses identify with in a "relational database", I would probably be more correct than those that say it prescribes only to the theory, because I would be communicating in the language the people use, while you would only be communicating in a language you want people to use.