Re: domains aren't subtypes, right?

From: Nuno Souto <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: 27 May 2003 17:42:57 -0700

"Mikito Harakiri" <mikharakiri_at_ywho.com> wrote in message news:<2DMAa.8$GR2.35_at_news.oracle.com>...

> subtypes, they are gisgusting implementation artifacts. Hello, it's 21st
> century, nobody programs cobol anymore!

You ignorant and well-intentioned fool!
Cobol lives on in EVERY IBM mainframe site! <g, d&r>

Having said that (*joke lights off*), you got a good point about the varchar rigmarole in Oracle. About time they fixed it properly instead of inventing side-track "solutions". Long overdue. It's not hard for them to just make one super-type and sub-type if needed. As is, it's confusing. And I'm being very generous.

Cheers
Nuno Souto
wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au.nospam Received on Wed May 28 2003 - 02:42:57 CEST

Original text of this message