Re: XQuery question

From: <steve.tolkin_at_fmr.com>
Date: 21 May 2003 10:01:19 -0400

Based on your reply I think I misunderstood your original question. In the relational model we also would say that a car has a relationship with color. But this is informal.

The way this relationship is formally captured in a relational model varies. In the most general case, a Many to Many relationship, this would be captured using a third table, sometimes called a join table or an intersection table. It has k1+k2 columns, where k1 is the number of columns in the primary key of the car table and k2 is the number of columns in the primary key of the color table.

--
Hopefully helpfully yours,
Steve