Re: Extending my question. Was: The relational model and relational

From: Steve Kass <skass_at_drew.edu>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 00:49:35 -0500

Are you familiar with the Millikan oil drop experiment? I'm not aware of a more famous example of finding the cardinailty of a collection of indistinguishable objects.

In case there are still a few readers of this thread, I'll just remind them that I'm not disputing the usefulness of sets as a model, but just noting the usefulness to me of multisets as an alternative in some cases. I'm not proselytizing, nor am I despairing.

SK