Re: Re:

From: Damjan S. Vujnovic <damjan_at_galeb.etf.bg.ac.yu>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 10:19:07 +0100

> Sorry for my bad English, probably I didn't explain well what it's my
> problem.
> I know how to choose and put relationships in a E-R diagram
> (I use ERWIN 4.1).
>
> The point is : how to set "attributes" in a relationship?
>
> Attributes are well defined in the theory of database design as
> "properties" of entities and relationships.
> In ERWIN is very easy to set attributes for entities;
> unfortunately it seems to be not so easy (perhaps impossible at all)
> for relationships.

I have never used ERWIN 4.1 (only 3.5.2), so I might be completely wrong, but you have LOGICAL model and PHYSICAL model, so when you make, say, many-to-many relationship in LOGICAL model, you simply switch to PHYSICAL model and add as many attributes as you wish in a auto generated table. Or you can RESOLVE MANY-TO-MANY (context menu) relationship and get a table in LOGICAL model...

Regards,
Damjan S. Vujnovic

University of Belgrade
School of Electrical Engineering
Department of Computer Engineering & Informatics Belgrade, Yugoslavia

http://galeb.etf.bg.ac.yu/~damjan/ Received on Tue Feb 11 2003 - 10:19:07 CET

Original text of this message