Re: Materials for an Advanced Database course

From: --CELKO-- <71062.1056_at_compuserve.com>
Date: 18 Jan 2003 17:18:27 -0800

>> I don't know for sure what you mean by "advanced," but if
Silberschatz et al doesn't go as far as you want, add Snodgrass (Developing Time-Oriented
Database Systems in SQL). <<

All I could find at Amazon was "Operating System Concepts" by Abraham Silberschatz, Peter B. Galvin, Abraham Siberschatz, and Peter Baer Galvin which is out of print and does not sound like a database book.

I agree that Rick's book is important and since I am the teacher, SQL FOR SMARTIES. I am thinking aobut Ralph Kimball's book and tool kit for the Data Warehouse part. Received on Sun Jan 19 2003 - 02:18:27 CET

Original text of this message