Re: Many instances vs. one big one

From: Pablo Sanchez <pablo_at_dev.null>
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2003 19:18:06 GMT

"John Hunter" <jthunter_at_nbnet.nospam.nb.ca> wrote in news:JwZQ9.2796$Hs3.346189_at_ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca:

> Hi Gang,
>
> I'm looking at submitting a business case to management that will
> justify changing from our current structure of many oracle
> instances to one big instance.

Personally, I prefer having many Instances because more than likely, each will have been tuned (init.ora) accordingly.

FWIW, I think you should ask your question in the comp.databases.oracle.* NG's, you'll probably get many (varied?) opinions there. :)

--
Pablo Sanchez, High-Performance Database Engineering
http://www.hpdbe.com