Re: Parts explosion with repeated subtrees

From: --CELKO-- <71062.1056_at_compuserve.com>
Date: 20 Dec 2002 13:11:50 -0800

>> It's the representation I would use, and I got the coding right
on the first try, which I might well not have if I'd tried to do this in C++ ... CREATE TABLE Polynomials (..) ... CREATE PROCEDURE Poly_mult(...) <<

I thought I was over the top when I put matrix math in SQL FOR SMARTIES!! If you have some time to kill, write up a polynominal library and you're got a section in the third edition of SQL FOR SMARTIES with credit.

I gues this proves one of Codd's contentions; namely, that you can represent almost any kind of data in a set oriented model. Received on Fri Dec 20 2002 - 22:11:50 CET

Original text of this message