Re: Other tree representations in SQL

From: --CELKO-- <71062.1056_at_compuserve.com>
Date: 4 Dec 2002 13:56:54 -0800

>> Although inorder traversal of a (non binary) tree is possible (you
only have
to specify what are "left" and "right" subtrees), in this post I'm gonna talk about postorder... <<

I have not had time to research the generalizations of inorder traversals; I think Knuth had one definition. But it does not look like a good approach for building a tree in SQL because we are mostly interested in aggregation up and down the tree for reports in SQL. You can find a single node without using a traversal by using the key for that node in SQL. Received on Wed Dec 04 2002 - 22:56:54 CET

Original text of this message