Re: MySQL or Oracle

From: Jayne Heger <hegerthehorrible_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2002 17:52:02 +0000

> You might get a better answer if you ask specific questions rather than a
> blanket "which is better?". What do you want to do?
>
> mySQL will be better for some things Oracle will be better for others.
> Its not much help but the only advice I can give is that mySQL is free
> Oracle is not!

Ok, I am working on a database model using the top down Exteded Entity Diagram approach and then mapping directly into relations. The data model will comprise of superclass and 4 subtypes. plus other entity typesm maybe a weak entity, and obviously it will be fully relational, primary keys and foreign keys. After which I will run some SQL queries to test that its working and print these off.

I have MySQL (phpMyADmin) installed already running under SuSE Linux. I have used Oracle SQL+ at university.
As an aside, this is a university assignment BTW.

I hope I have given enough information to yield an answer now.

Thanks,

Jayne

--
Please do not reply to this address as I never check it!
Please reply to the newsgroup