How to create a DBMS from scratch?

From: Alan Po <alanpo_at_ust.hk>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 11:54:42 +0800

Dear All

When I am a Bachelor student in University, I have learned the structure inside a DBMS. However, do not know anything about the internal structure, e.g. the program code of indexing, query and file structure of a database. Unfortunately, I am now studying Master course in University and my assignment is to build an index file on XML data and design a query language on it. But how?

Please help me. Would you give me any information on the web which help me to learn more about the programme code on the DBMS?

Thanks a lot.

Alan Po

alan_at_alanpro.com Received on Tue Oct 15 2002 - 05:54:42 CEST

Original text of this message