Re: Data conversion between various schemas

From: Ariel Fuxman <afuxman_at_cs.toronto.edu>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 00:37:55 -0400

On Mon, 15 Jul 2002 14:31:19 -0400, Peter Skvarenina wrote:

> I would like to ask, if there exist some papers with the topic of
> general DB conversion according to different source and target schemas.

We have a research project called Clio, that deals with precisely this problem. It is a joint project between University of Toronto and IBM Almaden. We have a number of papers on this subject (called "schema mapping"). You can find them, and also more info on the project at

http://www.cs.toronto.edu/db/clio/

Also, is there any possibility that you share some examples of the source and target schemas you were trying to map? We would be very interested in applying our tool to examples from people who have already faced the problem of schema mapping.

Let me know if you need any additional information,

                        Ariel Fuxman.