Re: Existence of multi-DB schema synchronizator

From: Ariel Fuxman <afuxman_at_cs.toronto.edu>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 00:39:11 -0400

On Tue, 23 Jul 2002 18:17:03 -0400, Gustavo wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I need to know if there exists a tool that detects database schema
> (structure) differences between 2 databases and generates SQL scripts to
> alter 1 of them (the "target") according to the other (the "source").

We have a research project called Clio, that deals with precisely this problem. It is a joint project between University of Toronto and IBM Almaden. We have a number of papers on this subject (called "schema mapping"). You can find them, and also more info on the project at

http://www.cs.toronto.edu/db/clio/