Re: The Practical Benefits of the Relational Model

From: Joel Meulenberg <>
Date: 31 Aug 2002 23:16:29 -0700

Nathan Allan <> wrote in message news:<>...

Hello Nathan.

> -User interface derivability. It is possible (though never accomplished
> until recently) to provide COMPLETE user interfaces that are derived
> from any perspective of the data. This is only possible due to things
> like updateable views (expressions) and declarative integrity rules.
> People (even relational folks) are very skeptical about this, but I have
> seen it work.

I have dabbled in this a little and have been dreaming about doing it well for quite a while. Could you recommend any reference material, prototypes, products, etc. that you believe are significant contributions toward deriving user interfaces for relational databases?

Any feedback is much appreciated.

+Joel Meulenberg Received on Sun Sep 01 2002 - 08:16:29 CEST

Original text of this message