Re: Help Data-Types

From: Dave <dave_at_dmcomm.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 01:26:47 -0600

BTW, the DB is MS sql svr 2000 and Coldfusion 5.0 is the app interacting with it.

There has been no discussion on any operations performed on the IPs stored. The powers that be insist on having that info because the like having that info. Possibly for fraud prevention, even though there are no credit card transactions involved.

Our DBA got a little too excited going down a hill on a mountain bike, crashed, and had resulting complications from his injuries. He's a semi-fit 57yr old man, but still expected to be out for some time.

I made the mistake (or correct decision) of stating I took a DB class years back...it's in my lap now.

So is VARCHAR the consensus? I would like the DB ready for the upcoming IP standard...

Dave

"Dave" <dave_at_dmcomm.com> wrote in message news:_Ug79.27$Tl4.10801289_at_news.incc.net...
> Just a quick question on a datatypes since I'm a young novice.
> What the heck would an IP address go under? Text? Integer (long, short?)
??