Re: DB clasical structure violation

From: Stephan Eggermont <stephan_at_stack.nl>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 16:22:10 +0000 (UTC)

In comp.databases.olap Paul Vernon <paul.vernon_at_ukk.ibmm.comm> wrote:

>> > You'll find plenty of counter arguments to your theory on Database

> Debunkings

>>> (
http://www.dbdebunk.com).

>>The arguments given there are not relevant for datawarehouse-like >>applications.

> Now that's a candidate for dbdebunk's quote of the week if ever I saw one
> :-)

They are welcome to use it, if they want :-)

> Stephen, have you read say http://www.dbdebunk.com/kimball1.htm ?

Yes, I have. The design principle is: 'Avoid duplication of volatile information' (Edsger W. Dijkstra). In a datawarehouse the data is not volatile.

Stephan Eggermont
Sensus, systems that make sense Received on Wed Jun 26 2002 - 18:22:10 CEST

Original text of this message