Functioninstance Definition in Ingres

From: Saib <saibm_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 25 Jun 2002 02:34:46 -0700

Hello,

In the "Object Management Extension User Guide" INGRES-Openroad was written about "Defining Function Instances for Large Objects". There are two ways to define function instances for large object:

  1. Filter function and
  2. directly manipulate.

I have some questions, maybe could you help me please to get some informations about this:

Q1. I need information about the following fields:

  1. adw_shared.shd_exp_action
  2. adw_shared.shd_l0_chk
  3. adw_shared.shd_l1_chk

Q2. The action indicator values are ADW_CONTINUE and &#8230; , what does ADW

     means?

Q3. There was written about the value ADW_FLUSH_STOP : the function

    will flush the current segment, then stop. Is that means, that the function

    make the current segment empty ?!!

    Or the routine will dispose of the curretn segment, get a new     segment, and recall the routine.

    What is the meaning of flush and dispose of in this context?

Q4. The fields of the structure II_POP_CB:

    pop_next, pop_prev, pop_length, pop_type, pop_s_resrved,     pop_l_reserved,pop_ascii_id

    The work of these fields was not described in the guide, can any     one tellme some information about this fields?

Thanks alot Received on Tue Jun 25 2002 - 11:34:46 CEST

Original text of this message