Relational database design

From: Ksenia <ksenia_at_olis.ru>
Date: 18 Jun 2002 03:43:09 -0700

I am the student of the St-Petersburg State Polytechnical University (Russia). At the forth year of our study we have a bachelor on theory of algorithms. My research is connected with the relational scheme design, additional key finding problem.
During my work I have to proove the NP-completness of additional key finding problem, find the polynomial algorithm, which gives the solution accuracy to within multiplicative constant (if it exists) and find polynomial algorithms, which solve the special instance of problem.
I've looked through many papers but I couldn't find anything about proximate polynomial algoriths and polynomial algorithms for special case of problem.
So if you can help me with some information about this problem, please send it to my mail. I'll be happy to get anything, cause it would help me in my bachelor. Thank you very much. Received on Tue Jun 18 2002 - 12:43:09 CEST

Original text of this message