Re: Object support in the relational model??

From: Costin Cozianu <c_cozianu_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 12 Jun 2002 13:37:46 -0700

On a related note, I'm sorry to inform you that the benchmark example still showing on your site, is an example of Java/SQL programming for which I would disqualify anyone even for the most junior programmjing position.

Maybe caught up with so many debates on theory and databases, you didn't have time to make your site and your claims refelct the presumably evolution of your company / your product. It is time to tell one of your programmer to spend 5 minutes to correct that.

And maybe you have time to spare more productively putting down in kind of a paper all the stoiry of your product. What are the foundations, what is the query model, what guarantees it provides with regards to concurrency control, constraints management, database abckup/ recovery, etc. Or maybe some of those are not needed by your product (which is fine if you target smart cards and PDAs), but again in that case we're not talking databases, we're talking object persistence. Maybe an enhanced object persistence, which is a very commendable and valuable thing, and nothing to be "ashamed" of, you can even be very proud.

In common parlance, however database management and object persistence are different things, that you can't compare. Like you can't compare a Porsche with a tractor and say that the Porsche runs faster.

Take it easy, and do your due dilligence.

Cheers,
Costin Received on Wed Jun 12 2002 - 22:37:46 CEST

Original text of this message