Re: object oriented vs object relational

From: Wolfgang Keller <wk_at_objectarchitects.de>
Date: 7 Jun 2002 05:36:54 -0700

"David McCarthy" <daveandem_at_worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:<mbZI8.11432$UT.756827_at_bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>...
> Hello All,
>
> Would someone please explain to me the difference between a
> object-oriented data base model and an object relational database model?
>
> I would also appreciate it, if you could point me to a reference,
> preferably on the web, that I could use to research the advantages,
> disadvantages , features, strength and market share of each.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Dave

Dave,

on object / relational see ..
http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/0201309785/objectarchite-21 on object oriented see
http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/1558606475/objectarchite-21

this will not help you too much anyway because you have to do the comparison yourself .. I don't know the perfect comparison but the following might help ..
http://www.coldewey.com/publikationen/database.html#DBTechTutorial It's a tutorial on how to choose a database technology that comprises many forces ..

If that's not enough, have a look what you can find at Dr. Akmal B. Chaudhri's homepage
http://www.btinternet.com/~xmldatabases/html/home.html

Hope that helps

Wolfgang Keller Received on Fri Jun 07 2002 - 14:36:54 CEST

Original text of this message