Re: Maximum update frequency.

From: Brian Inglis <>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 14:51:31 GMT

On 25 May 2002 12:17:28 -0700, (Juan Pardillos) wrote:

>I'd like to know which is the maximum update frequency (updates of
>attributes) that a database is today able to support (e.g., 12.000

Well, I've clocked some of my bigger warehouse loads at 750K inserts in 15 minutes (50K inserts/minute) with Oracle 8 Parallel Server on an Alpha running Digital/Compaq/HP Tru64 Unix with 8 CPUs, 8GB memory, and a bunch of striped drives: never really looked into the disk or database config.

Thanks. Take care, Brian Inglis 	Calgary, Alberta, Canada 	(Brian dot Inglis at SystematicSw dot ab dot ca)
    fake address		use address above to reply
						spam traps