Re: High-Speed/Volume Database

From: Chris Arets <chris.arets_at_hetnet.nl>
Date: 4 May 2002 14:23:23 -0700

What i think Anton means is clustering of a database. This means several computers (for example 20 ordinary desktops) are 'linked' to eachother to form a cluster, so that the whole cluster can handle your database. Linux is the way to go here by the way. The point i really wanted to make is that Oracle also provides clustering i believe since version 8, but the version you have to look up on the website of Oracle.

Greets Chris Arets

P.S. The point about seeking professional consulting is a strong one :)