Entity and Relationship - the same thing ?

From: Sleeves <sleeves_at_sleeves.net>
Date: Sat, 4 May 2002 19:49:01 +0100

Hello all,

I am studying RDB in a correspondence course, and as such there is no tutor to confide in. The trouble with it is that you need a degree in the english language just to understand the way in which the theory is described. For instance, having explained entities and it's attributes (example entity "customer" with its attributes being "name" "age" etc), we now go onto relations and its attributes, where the relation has its primary/foreign keys defined using the attributes etc, but am I right in saying they are exactly the same thing or am I getting myself totally confused here ?

Many thanks

Alan Received on Sat May 04 2002 - 20:49:01 CEST

Original text of this message