Is there a SQL92 compliant CREATE TABLE statement?

From: Johann Sander <jsander_at_puc-online.de>
Date: 17 Jan 2002 03:19:14 -0800

Hello,

can anybody please pass the syntax of an SQL92 compliant CREATE TABLE statement (if there is one)?

I want to check if DB2 UDB is conforming to standards. Take this statement for example:

CREATE TABLE TEST( COL1 INTEGER) I believe this simple statement to be SQL92 compliant (is it?).

In most situations, DB2 will create the table without any trouble in the USERSPACE1 tablespace. But as soon as the dba creates a new user tablespace and then removes the default tablespace, which is USERSPACE1, applications will no longer be able to use the test statement from above. Instead, they will have to use:

CREATE TABLE TEST( COL1 INTEGER) IN TS_NEW (or whatever that new tablespace's name will be)

Thanks for your time Received on Thu Jan 17 2002 - 12:19:14 CET

Original text of this message