Re: DB comparison case (in)sensitivity ordering

From: Jacqui caren <Jacqui.Caren_at_ig.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 18:53:26 GMT

david_at_dcressey.com (David Cressey) wrote in <9OQP7.97$P_6.5452 _at_petpeeve.ziplink.net>:

>Anyway, I get your point. Let's move on.

I was looking for suggestions upon possible alternative algorithms or research into techniques to syncronise the content of two data respositories (currently two RDBMS) with 'attached' file based document repositories - both sharing a common logical schema design.

Jacqui

p.s. I first used SQL on a minix box - showing my age :-)

The lazy terminology that started the ball rolling was due to tiredness and the remnants of a migraine.

FYI I have come up with a solution but it is not the best.

I was hoping someone would point me towards exmaples or relevant research. From re-reading my post I obvously did not make my objectives clear.

My first objective was to meet a known deadline. The currnet algorithm works well for ths need however future needs mean that more research into alternatives or furthe roptimisation is required.

Any advice - including "use correct terminology" is appreciated :-) Received on Thu Dec 13 2001 - 19:53:26 CET

Original text of this message