Database Outputing a Text File on Server?

From: Neil \(UK\) <"Neil>
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2001 17:13:40 GMT

Hi there - im not to great with database design etc - but we are doing this simple website at uni - which is a catalogue of music.

now the guy in my group has made a databse, which stores the catalogue data in one table - then he uses this database to output a txt file, which is loaded into a webpage. (the database was for his own benefit)

Now, i have been playing about with macromedia ultradev, and have realised how to add entries to a database via an html form - which is great for the 'webmaster' to update his databse - but is there a way to get the database, to out put the data, to a txt file - on the server??? e.g. - if i had a form in the databse, which had a button - which would output the data to a txt file - is there a way of 'controlling this button' via an html form?

thanks for any replies,
Neil. Received on Sat Dec 01 2001 - 18:13:40 CET

Original text of this message